register gallery
 

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Autosports Area
> Auto-X / Road Racing / Time Attack
Garage Calendar Forum Rules Today's Posts Search


Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
 
 
Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
 Old 10-13-2016, 01:09 PM   #1
 
ChaunceyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bryn Mawr, PA
Posts: 948   (View Stats)
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 0
ChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the world
Thanks: 158
Thanked 435 Times in 280 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  :  0 score     
Default Fuck EBC

Fuck EBC right in their english cunts.

edit: as I'm typing this I have no idea why I would have trusted their pads in the first place, but still fuck them.

I just had a set of Bluestuff pads completely wear out after 2 25 minute track sessions. Not full days; 2 SESSIONS! Attached pictures of what's left; these were a 0.490" thickness this morning. I'll be bringing my calipers home from work tomorrow (where I shouldn't be since I should be f'n racing!) to measure exactly what's left on them.

The pads never had bite, had fade issues even in session 1, and damn near wrecked me if I hadn't looked at them prior to session 3.
In their defense, EBC failed me once before, but because I'm an idiot I trusted them. I had a set of yellowstuffs on the stock calipers that I used for 1 track day and let sit in the driveway buried in snow for 3 weeks. Move the car, pad material rips off of the backer. Complain, they offer me new pads, I say "great, send me bluestuffs for my new Wilwood calipers!".
So much for a 1.5 day event for me; 2 f'n sessions!!


I'm immediately buying a set of DTC-60s, which I had before and really liked. But what is everyone else using? @Tomas; and @Code Monkey; you've been polite for my previous stupid questions and I know you both track a shit-ton more than me. I hear good feedback on Carbotech and Performance Friction.
These would be on my Wilwood 4-pistons (pad shape 7812 if anyone cares).

__________________
Corksport: SRI & TIP, Strut Tower Brace, Coilovers
CP-e: RMM
JBR: Rear Sway Bar (with Moog End Links)
TWM: Full Replacement Shifter
Cobb: AP
AutoTech: HPFP Internals
Ebay: Test Pipe
ChaunceyM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaunceyM For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (10-13-2016), MS3Shadow (10-13-2016), roguemazda (10-14-2016)
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuck CP-E, fuck them HARD triplejumper18 Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion 34 05-12-2011 10:10 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
Template-Modifications by TMS
©Copyright 2008 ; 2019 Cymru Internet Services LLC | FYHN™ Autosports HQ
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
Page generated in 0.63492 seconds with 33 queries